June 29

Interactive Whiteboards & Screencasting, My First Screencast!

For my interactive whiteboard I used trench warfare as my topic. I described and demonstrated what the trenches looked like and what there functions were during WWI

The app I chose to use was Educreations a semi-free app that allows you to create audio tracks while you draw on a canvas. There are multiple types of backgrounds to use like blank and multiple grid patterns but also allows you to add in your own pictures and you can draw over them, this opens up a lot of different opportunities. There are multiple colors to use for the pen you want to draw with and you can change it even while recording audio. As well you can stop and start the audio track as you please and it will record it all together. When you are finished with your project it is automatically saved and you can share it easily on social media or copy a link or embed code. But this is why I say semi-free to do things like share it with friends, screen cast it or save it to your camera roll to put on YouTube you have to pay a subscription free which costs between $10 and $15 dollars depending on how much access you want. But it is not required you buy this and still has a ton of access without paying so the free version is worth it. I do wish it had multiple pen types and sizes but you are limited to only one and you can only add video if you paid for it and it would have been more worthwhile if that option was free. Overall I give it a 9/10 and would recommend it to anyone needing an easy fast app to create a simple lesson.

image

Posted June 29, 2015 by 77daniel77 in category Uncategorized